10 things you may wish to know about me and
This is not a contract and you do not need to tick any boxes to continue. If you are reading this as you have a fetish for posh legal speak then I think you have come to the wrong place!
Here are the 10 commandments!
1. I am only a general dentist! I cannot fix everything with respect to your oral health but will have a good go at trying to help you find the right advice! If I just do not know the answer to your question I can call upon the expertise of a team of dental specialists or refer you to any specific website that may be able to assist you further.
2. Please be aware that it may take a little time to get back to you with an answer as I have a full-time day job and some teenagers to stress me out! I shall endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible but please check out the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ section first, as the answer could already be there!
3. It is not my intention to offend anyone (except the Welsh)! WARNING: There may be a few tongue in cheek comments that you may perhaps need to place in context (by the way I do not believe in spam or religion). If you do not like what I say you can either drop a line to express and clarify your thoughts (I am the only one who receives the emails) or just refer to point 10. below.
4. This is NOT AN EMERGENCY CALL OUT SERVICE. If you have dental pain call your local dental professional for timely advice.
5. I cannot diagnose clinical problems via Emails and photos alone. I will be able to offer advice, however, based on the facts that you may provide to me. This is intended only as a guide and to arm you with more information so you can make an informed decision when speaking to your own dental health care provider.
6. This site has been developed and is run by myself and no third party is involved with any information you provide me. As with my patients, I treat privacy and confidentiality with the utmost importance. I will from time to time, however, invite you to share your experiences and shall endeavour to keep your anonymity unless you want the credit for a funny joke, video, image or story! If you do not wish to have your information shared via this website then please feel free to let me know.
7. I have used many images from the internet that I cannot attribute to any individual. If you can see an image or other content that is the property of another agency, entity or individual then please inform me so I can either remove or seek permission to continue using it. I cannot, however, be responsible if someone else downloads or uses any of the images or information placed on this website.
8. I will endeavour to keep the site up to date. Given the rapid pace of modern technological and scientific advances, this may be difficult as I am the only one here! If you see an obvious mistake or something that needs updating then please let me know so I can address the issue. Please remember that whatever is written on this site is just my own opinion gained from my experience as a dentist in both the public and the private sector in Australia and the UK. I will let you know if any blog post or article is attributed to anyone else. Knowledge is constantly evolving – if you see I have got something obviously wrong then please let me know.
9. I will from time to time talk about products that I routinely recommend to my patients. I will also only recommend products or items I have personally tried unless otherwise stated. For example, I could tell you about a product that many of you have found useful yet we may not be able to get in this country for one reason or another. I can only provide estimates of costings and fees as they are subject to change depending on the country in which you reside and also the date the advice was given. I shall endeavour to update my estimates but please accept them as a guide, not to be taken out of context. Any fees or costs mentioned will be in Australian dollars. (They are only indicative so don’t argue the price of a ‘bleach kit’ with your local supermarket just because Dr. Mike said it should be $123 etc at his clinic)!
10. Please feel free to Unsubscribe at any time!
This website, Quiz-a-Dentist.com is owned and operated by Dr. Mike Johns, Warrnambool, VIC, Australia